As we have continued to monitor and communicate the growing concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to share updated information regarding our ongoing operations.
The Preschool Child Care will continue to operate at the Newark, Licking Heights and Southwest Licking locations with some modifications to the daily operating procedures.
Beginning upon opening on Monday, March 16th, the following precautions will be put in place to help create social distancing / eliminate close contact:
- Parents will drop off children to a staff member outside of the main entry point of the child care facility.
- Newark: Child Care front entry
- Licking Heights: North main entry
- Summit UMCC: YMCA entry door
- Southwest Licking Preschool: the east entry door nearest the Y classroom
- Parents will not enter the classroom or facility during drop-off or pick-up of children.
- Children will have their temperatures checked at the drop-off point, midway through the day, and the pick-up point.
- Should a temperature register 100˚ or higher, the child will not be able to attend/be asked to leave the facility until they are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medicine (such as Tylenol, Advil, etc.)
- Swim and Gymnastics classes will be cancelled until April 6th.
Changes in procedure are likely to occur based on guidance from local, state and national health officials. We are committed to providing you with timely and accurate communication as we continue to make informed decisions for the health of our community.
For over 145 years, the Buckeye Valley Family YMCA has been committed to serving our community, and we will continue to do so in the coming weeks. Our goal is to resume all normal operations on April 6th.
Director, Child Development